Monday, May 14, 2012

A quick update on life

Lets be honest - being out of school has been simply delightful, but i'm ready for a little structure! I have loved having time to spend with Sky before he takes off to Cali and working on projects around the house with my mom is one of my very favorite things ever, but it is now time to start a new chapter of life. A big- girl stage. Also know as full-time employment. oh boy!

Before that little adventure I thought I would catch you up on all the things that have kept me busy while waiting for my background check to clear. {I know - you were all a little worried I wouldn't pass. ;)} And even further back when I was just too swamped to do things like blog about the highlights of my life. 

First a shout-out way back to the end of March at the Administrator of the Year Dinner.  To be totally honest I don't remember much about any of the speakers - just a lovely evening with some of my dearest Provo friends. 

Ben, Dianne, Morgan, Me, Patty, Laura, Matthias

I already miss so many of them, but it's fun to hear all the cool things they are accomplishing and the adventures life is taking us on!


Also end of March - I had the lovely opportunity to go visit the cutest Aggie I know! Thanks Girls for letting me crash your party.

Me & Marry

Jess even let me do homework in the car so that I could fit it all in - I'm not that fun of a road-trip buddy, but Jess is a great friend to let me come anyway. 

little blurry - the security guard is not a photographer in his spare time ;) 

Mary took me to the place my school adventures really began - 24 years ago I was an Aggie! I accompanied my dear daddy to all of his classes his senior year.  Don't worry, he graduated in spite of all of my help.  It was fun to return to a place that I know I spent a lot of time...even if I don't remember it. ;) 


Moving right along... here is a pic from the MPA closing social.  These are my carpool girls, and I was really missing them the other day when I was driving to Provo all on my own.  I wouldn't have made it without them!
Karla, (cute Ruby - honorary member of the carpool), Me, Marianne & Erin 
 Let's see, what else have I been up to in my little break...

We've celebrated birthdays

Gigi is 47...again :)

William is 9... and Jaden couldn't stop from helping blow out the candles 

Had some fun at the park

My favorite is the swing

The little boys actually made themselves sick by spending a little too much time on this

Even Brock had fun

A quick cabin trip


Bowling at the U - turns out my boyfriend is a professional bowler.  He says I bowl like a pageant girl...I don't think that's a compliment.
Me and Chance
Aug and Sky - serious bowlers 

 A fun IC reunion

Me & Rachel aka: TWIN

Sweet Jessi and her adorable son. 
Lots of fun cleaning / organizing projects (cleaning the pond is epic enough that it was documented with pictures - I guess the others weren't).



The pump exploded a couple of times and poor Sky was in the way every time. 
And of course celebrating Mothers Day with a call home from sweet Elder Landy-pants. My dad wasn't there so we had him on one phone and Landen on the other.


So there you go - the grand update on life after graduation. 


5 comments:

  1. Starlee I miss you! I love reading your posts and seeing what you are up to (you always amaze me). Congrats on graduating and good luck with your new career. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to see you are doing well! I love seeing your updates. It makes me miss hanging out. Let's definitely get together again before I move to California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this very much. I am so excited for you and all of the new adventures that await you in 2012. I can't wait to get together for dinner tomorrow and hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're up to great things! I'll have to practice my bowling skills so we can hang out one day! -Kaite

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that William is 9! Way to go on Marlene being 47. She is awesome! I sure hope you did pass your background check, I know those Utes turned Cougars can be kind of crazy!

    ReplyDelete