Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cry baby


Well folks, i've been reading a lot lately, and it's been simply delightful. 

I finally read The Hunger Games, and by read I mean devoured. 

It took me a little while to get into the first one because I had to try to recreate characters in my head after already seeing the movie, but once I got the characters just perfect I couldn't be stopped. I read the second and third book in the space of 5 days. 

But on to the real point of this post... I cry over books. 

I'm actually really embarrassed by this because I kind of hate to cry. Mostly I hate to cry in public, which means that I cry more when I read a book than when I go to a movie.
{I'm not going to sit there and cry in front of all those strangers.}

I tend to get really attached to my characters. I feel like I know everything about them because I've put so much of me into them!

I thought this was normal, but after being caught crying over a few different books (Harry Potter, Hunger Games, The Help...) and having those individuals think i'm totally crazy ~ I'm starting to wonder.

Regardless of how normal / crazy this is, I think i'll continue to put my heart and soul into my characters so that I can feel what they feel... and read in private where I can cry freely. ;)

Right now i'm reading an old favorite, Pride and Prejudice, while I decide what new adventure to go on next. Any suggestions?   


3 comments:

  1. Oh man, come over to my house. I have a million suggestions of books to read. Also, I don't just cry over books... Also, I cry over TV shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to read Hunger Games and Pride and Prejudice this summer. My plans have taken a turn that I wasn't planning on so I hope I have time.

    ReplyDelete