Thursday, April 26, 2012

Grad school - CHECK

Ladies and Gentleman,

I am now a Master! This means I now have time to clean out my email, do laundry, take my car to the mechanic, go running, read for fun AND update my blog! {ah, the little things in life}

So, as you may remember, going to BYU was kind of a big deal for me. {See here if you don't remember}  But I am here to say that I LOVED my time down in good old p-town. Don't worry- there is still a place in my heart for the U but I am not a cougar hater any more.  In fact, I am proud to say that I Starlee Holman am a BYU alum!

Just a few things that won me over: praying in class, being surrounded by some of the most service centered individuals i've ever met, a beautiful campus (walking to school every day with Sky was my favorite), going to parties and knowing that these people are just that crazy - no drug or drink needed, having a phenomenal network (we call it the LDS church),  having gospel applications in every subject I study, professors that are nationally recognized and yet they are humble and concerned with each individual, outstanding extra curricular groups to get involved with, great religion courses, an inspirational message every Tuesday (or sometimes a much needed study break that people feel guilty scheduling anything in) and the most beautiful mountains in Utah, just to name a few.

I learned so much durring my time in P-town... some lessons I wanted and some I didn't.  However, all of these experiences have shaped who I am today and i'm grateful for the opportunity I had to grow.

Mostly I am grateful for the wonderful people I have met over the past two years. Here are a few of them:
Me, Kristin, Erin & Marianne
My lovely Salt Lake crew - who knew carpooling could be so much fun?! 

Me & Patty
I have been so blessed to have this AMAZING woman in my life. Sometimes I wonder if I was supposed to go to BYU just to meet her.  She has been my best friend, study buddy, tutor, Spanish teacher, comic relief, guardian angel, stand-in roommate, boy advisor, double date partner, and all around support system.  I am so blessed to have found this kindred spirit!   

Beautiful Laura - This gal is going places! She is so smart, kind and one of the most genuine people i've ever met! 

THE GINGERS - need I say more? 

Tommy, Dominique, Me & Hugh AKA The Mighty Maki's
This is my first semester team.  We knew how to work hard and play hard - they were my Provo family! 


When everything is accounted for, this redhead just may bleed a little blue after all.
 {Except when my cougars play my utes... some things never change}

3 comments:

  1. Congrats doesn't even BEGIN to cover it. That is FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to sneak into your bedroom at night just to subliminal message sing I Am A Utah Man in your ear at night.
    Just in case.
    Just because this blog post scares me.
    Just because I love you.

    Oh, and I'm so excited for you! Congratulations.

    Welcome back to Salt Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOOOOO proud of you!!!!! I'm going to say that again...SOOOOOO proud of you. Congratulations! As always, you are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete