Thursday, April 1, 2010

NEVER say Never!

Hades is now an arctic tundra,

The Fat Lady is singing her final number,

and I will be attending BYU.

{for my MPA}

(please notice and appreciate my use of the word Hades instead of Hell due to my new honor code)

I know! This very minute you are checking your food storage, because you know the end is near.

Now you are breathing deeply into a paper bag with your head between your knees saying to yourself, 'but Starlee, how can this be?' And all I can say is that life happens...

Sometimes it is a nice Martha Stewart style planed out dinner with your favorite place settings, candle sticks and the works...
and sometimes it is a surprise party that you just weren't expecting. But none the less, it's a party, Right?

I will now be forced to take back all that I have said about how I wouldn't be caught dead living in Provo...well, I actually still hope never to be caught dead there, but alive is now a different story.

However, I do not plan to take back all of the things I have said about how disturbed Provo is. In fact, I feel it is now my responsibility to find proof to back up my claims and report on them in essay form (I'm a student again ... sorry)!

Congratulations and Condolences are welcome. I'll understand both. ;)


Here's to change ~ Cheers!

{side note: I googled images for the Y and didn’t find anything that I felt comfortable with posting on my blog – I then googled the U and found wonderful pictures, but didn’t know that it would be appropriate to put a beautiful big red block U at the end of this post. As you can see, I still have my allegiances in the right place. ;) }

11 comments:

  1. Please let this be an April Fools joke. I am shocked and a little sad if i'm being honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not a joke! I accepted the offer last night. But if you ever find yourself lost in P-town, you'll now have someone to visit!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What brought about this little "surprise party?" My advice: Just watch out for the drivers. Driving down there is always an... adventure!

    And go to ComedySportz. That's our favorite. Provo has it's own hidden charms, it really does.

    Congrats on a new phase of life! New adventures are always exciting, because you know you're going to learn and grow, and that feels good.

    Much love to Provo's newest hidden charm: YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck... I hope you come visit me... Cause you only may get one visit from me the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I was waiting to see if this was real... but congratulations Star! We should get together sometime before that. I miss all you IC girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starlee. Star... Please. Don't leave us. We need you. But if you must. I guess i still love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes!!! It's about time another Holman steps on BYU Campus-- Hey I went to my first U football game this year... times are a changin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saying Hell is not against the Honor Code as long as you're talking about the place. :)

    And at least I'm in Provo!! I will teach you everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet, now you can finally join me in Provo! I never thought this day would come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DECISION MADE!!!???? NO UCLA???? okay i am buming hard and breathing into a bag and yes up to my old ways of not sleeping again (what the freak!!??? 3:30 :/ see i need you ;)

    okay fine.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! i am actually a little excited for you! EVERYONE has to do the Provo thing at least once in their lives!!! you'll have a blastity blast (just not as much fun as you'd had with me ;)

    p.s. THE U RULES FOREVER!!! XO

    ReplyDelete