Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Patriotic pb&h

Yesterday in accounting I was sitting by my lovely friend Ruth who was raised all over Europe. On my other side, my friend pulled out some bread, a jar of peanut butter and a jar of honey and began making herself lunch.

Note: This is not unusual in this class. It is a rather miserable class in which many of us eat our lunches to help pass the time. In fact, this is one of the classes that the teacher always has an opening prayer for, and don't you worry, in true Provo fashion we bless the class and our lunch.

Anyways, Ruth looks over at my friends delicious looking sandwich and says, "Peanut Butter and Honey, what a novel idea. That is so American... I'll have to try it sometime."

That's right folks - she has never eaten a pb&h! I always thought the patriotic thing to do on the 4th of July was to eat a hotdog (which I don't like) but from now on I will replace that hotdog with a true American favorite - pb&h. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment