Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just one of those days...

You know, the ones that make you happy to be alive?! Ya, that was yesterday. And it’s funny, because as I go to write about it, there really wasn’t anything spectacular about it. It started like every other day…

I picked up a few friends and we drove to school. I was there by 8 so I could edit and print a paper I had written the night before. By 8:45 I was running through a presentation with my team for our HR training session. It was only the 2nd time we were able to get through the whole thing – we figured if the 3rd times the charm, then we wanted that to be the one we were graded on. ;) And lets just say 3rd time was for sure the charm! I just LOVE presenting.

After class I sat on my black couches in the Tanner and did my readings for my afternoon class with a couple friends – it’s always reassuring to know I’m not the only one getting things done at the last minute. And by the way…for anyone who ever turns up on BYU campus – come to the Tanner building in the west wing on the 2nd or 3rd floor and there I’ll be…working away on my homework in my signature place. ;)

In my Ghana prep class we filled out our Visa applications and did more case work. People….I’m going to FREAKING AFRICA! Ya… it’s still sinking in. I really couldn’t be happier.

Then I was sitting in my Nonprofit Finance class thinking of the huge paper that was due for that class by midnight, and I didn’t even care because I just love that class so much. You guys – the class has the word Finance in the title and I still LOVE it. Just goes to show you can’t judge a class by it’s title. (A lesson I actually learned after taking a class in my undergrad called ‘Does ET exist?’. What did we learn? Well, I can tell you what we didn’t learn – if ET really does exist!)

Anyways, sorry for the tangent.

Ok, back to my all around wonderfully ordinary day:
Ballet class was fantastic simply because it was ballet class.

After school I came home and ClEaNeD for 3 hours because today we had cleaning checks – and we ALL passed, which never happens! I just love cleaning. We may all live shorter lives due to the fumes that were coming from the chemical mixture my roommates made to get their tub clean, but I guess it’s worth it. ;)

Oh, and while cleaning my visiting teachers brought us dinner! WHAT?! I know! Could they be any more devoted? It is my goal to someday be like them! In cooking and kindness!

Then around 8:30 I finally sat down to write a 6 page paper that was due by midnight. Man it was a beast, but I couldn’t help but love it. I don’t know if it was the fact that I was high on Clorox fumes or that I had eaten my first real meal in weeks or that I just love school, but it was great. And guess what, I got the paper turned in with 8 minutes to spare! That’s right people – 11:52! Heck, I could have taken a nap and I still would have gotten it in on time. ;)

Oh, and somewhere in all this i took my accounting quiz and got full points! Ya, you read that right - 100% BABY. Too bad there were only 5 questions. ;)

Did I get any of the homework or reading done that were due today? Well, no – but look – I’m still alive.

Anyways, it’s just nice to have those days when you know you’re on the right track and that life is right where it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment