Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer Adventures

It's been a little while since I updated the blog...Not because of a shortage of adventures, but in fact just the opposite.

I would like to start with a little adventure called craw fishing... Yes, I did that. Let me just walk you through this adventure, it begins at some lake up behind Heber where we get out in the pouring rain, tie raw chicken legs to a piece of string, walk out onto the doc where we then toss the chicken in and wait for about 30 seconds.  You then pull the chicken leg up just above the water and collect the craw fish off the chicken with a net, then dump them in a bucket (if you miss the bucket you have to pick the little buggers up behind the pincher's and toss them in with the others).  Repeat... a lot!

I know many of you are in a bit of disbelief right now.  I unfortunately don't have any pictures of this, and if you don't believe me I understand. Chance will vouch for me though.  I was very brave throughout the whole process.  I even {drum roll please} ate the little shrimp-like things.  I will admit that I could not de-shell (or whatever you call ripping the body apart to get to the meat) the little guys, but I ate quite a few of them after Chance prepared them for me.

To round out the adventure I slept in a tent in the woods - 'real camping' as Chance refers to it. All in all it was a great time.  I hear this is an annual event. I'll be sure to get pictures next time so you can all re-live this particular adventure with me... or you can just come, there was plenty of craw fish for everyone! :)

Somewhat less dramatic but just as fun was our recent trip to the Rodeo.  Ahhh the fond memories of the Days of '47 Rodeo.  Even though it's in a different arena, it's just as fun, and the cowboys are just as cute (for my friends to look at of course)! ;)

Chance was a good sport to spend a night out with the girls.


 Next was my recent introduction to soccer. Now, i'm pretty sure i've been to a few soccer games in my life.  Obviously there have been a few amateur games with my brothers and maybe a professional game, though I don't remember ever really getting that into it.  

Sitting next to an old pro was so much fun! I got a play-by-play description of what was going on, why it happened, what rule was important to the play and what to look for.  It reminded me of my introductory days to football, however I can see myself enjoying soccer way more than football. 

(Jessica, please don't hate me.)  

Another reason i've decided Real Soccer might be THE team for Chance and I to cheer for is their obvious determination to join Utes and Cougars alike in their team color choice. ;)

Other than that, I work... a whole new adventure that i'm loving! Couldn't be happier.

I just LOVE  summer!

PS - This wasn't my adventure, but my dad was in Argentina to work on the temple, and just guess who he ran into/tracked down.

 Loven' me some Elder Holman time vicariously through my daddy dearest.

1 comment:

  1. Kris got to see his mom while he was on his mission. She was "just passing through" Amsterdam and got permission to see him on Mother's day. Life sounds good. My friend Miriam says she knows Chance (he is friends with her little brother Steven Glenn). Glad things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete