Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lake Powell and Birthday Celebrations

A few weeks ago my lovely family went on a little adventure known as Lake Powell.  On this trip there was much boating, burning, and bonding. 
And after all, isn't that what a successful family vacation consists of?
Me {being flag girl as usual}, Brock {trying to stand up on the knee board because chance said he'd give him $20 if he could do it}, Chance {asking why my family takes so many pictures}, and Coleson{being the adorable boy he is and waiting ever so patiently for his turn}. 

Look at all those smiles and freckles!

Dear Daddy informed us that he used to be quite a pro on the ski's and is now ready to try out the wake board and show us all how it's really done. 

Vacationing can be exhausting...


My man, being hot... in every sense of the word. Turns out that he really really likes cool weather, of which we saw none of!

Brock and Chance on the infamous tube... sorry your ride was so dang long boys. 

Jaden out for an afternoon stroll - turns out he's quite the fish {as long as he has his life jacket on}.

Enjoying an evening swim! 

Now, my birthday was actually on the Monday before Lake Powell, but in true Holman fashion we celebrated the Sunday after.


I had star shaped sugar cookies with fresh fruit - my latest summer obsession. 

And of course, a Holly-Cake with lots of frosting and candles. :) 
{I would like to mention that  I actually celebrated my birthday on the day of my supposed birth with my very thoughtful boyfriend.  Among all the things he did for me that day, he made it possible for me to see one of my best friends one last time before she starts her job in Chile.  What a thoughtful man I have, and what a wonderful way to start out my 25th year! :)}

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are doing well and had a great birthday. That cookie looks delicious! Let's talk soon.

    ReplyDelete