Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Children’s Miracle Network

Last week I had the privilege to help collect donations at a local IHOP (on free Pancake Day) for the Children’s Miracle Network. CMN is a partner of the Miss America Organization & together they work to collect donations that save children’s lives.

CMN’s local recipient of donations is Primary Children’s Medical Center. 1 out of every 9 children can’t afford their life saving treatment, so CMN donations go towards paying for the medicine and treatments they need. Last year over $14 million was spent on these cases.

It was so wonderful to experience the charity that people have. I was overwhelmed by the support and generosity people had for the program. It’s such a blessing to see that even those with so little are willing to give what they can to help another. I was touched by so many that had such Christ-like love. It was also AMAZING to have people stop and tell me their personal story of how CMN saved them or someone close to them.
This program truly makes miracles happen!

If you are interested in donating to CMN, follow the link below. Even a couple of dollars helps a child and their family in immeasurable ways!

“We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love.”
~ Mother Teresa

2 comments:

  1. You are so gorgeous! It was so fun seeing you the other night! I miss Upsilon and all the great times we had...especially Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY-A!! I worked for the Children's Miracle Network for two weeks in January! I am so happy I did cus now I know how this network truly does help!!! Love you Starlee

    ReplyDelete