Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Club

Those of you who are redheads know what i'm taking about - The Redhead Club.  Those of you who are not redheads {or fake redheads} may not believe me, but i'm hear to tell you there is a special club among this little group that I LOVE being a part of.

This morning as I got in the elevator at the parking  garage, I happened to look over at the middle-aged woman in the elevator with me.  She was a redhead, who was obviously dyeing her hair and had some roots growing in, but I could tell that she was a true redhead. (Redheads can usually tell if you're just trying to fake membership in the club.) She was wearing a lovely lilac colored shirt and black pants...I just happened to be wearing a lilac shirt and a black skirt.  We immediately started chatting like old friends.  People getting in the elevator after us must have thought we knew each other by the way we were talking and laughing.

Just like that, a bond between two strangers... it's kind of like finding out you were in the same sorority in college, or maybe it's like noticing you're from the same small town, or maybe it's not like that at all.  What I do know is that there is usually a special bond between redheads.  The outside world may not always see it, but the redheads feel it, and it's a wonderful group to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment